Again, so simple, yet the results are sandwiches several classes higher than a normal cheese and ham sandwich for example.
What you’ll need is:
- Chicken breast
- Black Pepper
- Oil for the pan
Fry the chicken on an oily pan at medium heat until cooked through. Season with salt and black pepper. Slice the chicken and cool. It is very convenient to keep slices like these in packed thin layers, in the freezer, ready to use on sandwiches or pizza for example.
And for making the sandwich
- Couple of good bread slices, or for example a ciabatta
- Cream cheese
- Basil leaves
- Red sweet pepper
- Green salad, iceberg if you like
- Cold bacon, that has been fried until crispy
- Slices of the cold, cooked chicken described above
- Nice dressing – for example a garlic dressing or Cesar dressing – or if you have none, just plain crème fraiche – or if you’re not a sauce fan, just skip the dressing
Enjoy! I know you will.